Re: Just hot everywhere

My cats get too chilly in the AC for sure. We keep ours between 80 and 82 degrees with ceiling fans on. Our siamese (Calvin) crawled under a blanket on the couch today. My older cat (Chessie) claims the little house at the base of the "cat scratcher tree thingy" and curls up in there. I'm still fighting to get rid of the stupid cold I caught a week and a half ago, so fell asleep on the couch this afternoon (didn't work today- drove back up to my dad's house to take care of a few more things on Sunday and came home at lunch today). I was woken from my nap by cat #3 (George) who had climbed up on me and was quite happily purring on my chest and wanted to be petted. He apparently thought I was a nice warm spot to snuggle.

james singer wrote:

That cat report is interesting. We keep the mansion A/C set set at around 79 F. We keep the garage door open most of the time we're home so Princess Beans can come and go. The garage has no A/C and, a large fan notwithstanding, can become quite warm in there as the day wears on.

When I went into the garage to work on the garden computer at about 4 PM, I discovered Beans curled up asleep on one of shelves. Must have been 90 or more degrees.

Leads me to wonder if the dehumidified cool produced by the A/C is too cool for the little darlings. She does come in and drink regularly, but usually goes back out.