Re: Baptisa

That's the reason I don't want to carry it in our nursery, Gene. The pot
I bought for myself years ago was a jam-packed 2 gallon which gave a
nice show the first year. The B. Carolina Moonlight came from PDN so I
believe it may have been no larger than a quart. The others were already
in the Prairie before I became a MG.

I have been ordering somewhat large quantities of plants from Prairie
Nursery in WI the last couple of years only to find out just last year
that they have a wholesale division. I think you are already buying from
them Gene, but if not:

http://www.american-natives.com/
The interesting thing is that these large 4-5 inch pots cost less than
the little 2 inch pots I was getting and are well filled out. I notice
they carry 3 varieties of Baptisia.

I suppose if you want to carry them, I would consider them an investment of time.

Kitty

-- "Gene Bush" <genebush@otherside.com> wrote:
Kitty
    If I remember correctly it took me several years to bulk up any of the
baptisa I have grown. I think I sat on the plugs of baptisa for one to two
years before offering them in the nursery. Still another couple of years
away from bloom at that. What size did you order for your prairie garden...
72's?? 18's?? Stage 3 TC??
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com