RE: poison ivy and wasps

That's my plan, Kitty!  I'm going out now to purchase some spray.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of kmrsy@netzero.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 1:17 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] poison ivy and wasps

Chris,
If the nest is beneath the stone, not behind, and accessible, couldn't you
spray them with one of those 20 foot sprays? I don't like to kill wasps but
if they make it impossible for you to work safely, sometimes you have to.

Kitty

-- <Chris@widom-assoc.com> wrote:

While I was working some ground nesting wasps or hornets stung me on the
forehead.  My eye and head still hurt. They had built a paper nest under
some stone on a low wall. What should I do to get rid of them?  I need to be
able to remove weeds overgrowing that area, or I'd just let them be.

Chris Petersen
Northport, NY
Zone 7

chris@widom-assoc.com