Re: Baptisa

Well, Auralie,
The 3 baptisa I have here have never been touched by deer, or any other animal that I am aware of over the years. Plenty of other plants, I suppose. Like JoAn 's lilium, or sunflowers, or vegetables.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

Gene, I have grown Baptisia australis for many years - it is a
real favorite.  However, since it is such deer candy, mine grows
in a partly-shaded alcove - about the only place I have that is
protected.  It still blooms and makes a nice plant, but not as
vigorously as when I could grow it in the sun.  The explosion
of the deer population in the past 20 years has caused many
changes in my gardening situations. I haven't tried the new
cultivars, becauseI knew I could not protect them adequately.