Re: Money Tree...

Enlarged caudex is normal, Bonnie. They have to be fairly large to produce fruit, I think [but not sure]. The one at Selby Botanical Garden is 10-12 feet and regularly produces fruit. Fruits are large-avocado sized pods that are full of cherry sized nuts that should be roasted before eating. They taste something like chestnuts. Give them light and adequate moisture; I don't know of any problems with them, but I'd keep an eye out for the usual houseplant suspects--spider mites, mealy bugs, etc, and if found, wash them off.