Re: Baptisa

Kitty,
Yes I know about Prairie Nursery and Neil. I finally ordered from him this past spring. Received very nice large sized plants in containers. He does not tend to grow the latest and greatest named cultivars and hybrids, however. If I end up carrying baptisa they will probably be the more colorful cultivars that are relative new to the market. They are mostly sun plants, so I do not know if I will end up carrying them or not. Most of what I see are available in 72's and will take a minimum of a year of growing on before I can get a return.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: <kmrsy@netzero.net>
That's the reason I don't want to carry it in our nursery, Gene. The pot
I bought for myself years ago was a jam-packed 2 gallon which gave a
nice show the first year. The B. Carolina Moonlight came from PDN so I
believe it may have been no larger than a quart. The others were already
in the Prairie before I became a MG.

I have been ordering somewhat large quantities of plants from Prairie
Nursery in WI the last couple of years only to find out just last year
that they have a wholesale division. I think you are already buying from
them Gene, but if not:

http://www.american-natives.com/
The interesting thing is that these large 4-5 inch pots cost less than
the little 2 inch pots I was getting and are well filled out. I notice
they carry 3 varieties of Baptisia.

I suppose if you want to carry them, I would consider them an investment of time.

Kitty