From: Christopher P. Lindsey [mailto: lindsey@mallorn.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:26:07 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] URGENT: cost for individual medical insurance

> Probably a lot more than you'll want to pay. Health insurance seems to
continually <br>> bombarded with. May I suggest that you explore
joining--or affiliating <br>> with--an existing consulting firm [having
a client in tow is a definite <br>> plus] that has a group policy. It
may involve kicking in a share of <br>> your retainer for access to
group purchase.<br><br>I was also thinking of going the corporate route
and doing it through<br>Mallorn; the prices seem better when you have a
Also, consider if you're a 34-year-old non-smoking male, how much <br>>
health insurance you really need. When I was a self-employed <br>>
writer-editor, I went about 30 years with no health
insurance.<br><br>Honestly, not much. I get eye exams yearly and glasses
every two years,<br>dentists visits twice a year, and doctor visits
maybe twice a year<br>too.

recovered<br>from cancer and only ended up paying $500 out of the
$250,000 bill<br>because of insurance was kind of neat to
see.<br><br>Another option that I just researched is CORBA. It looks
like I can<br>continue my current coverage for 18 months after I leave
the University,<br>but I need to call tomorrow to find out what the
premiums will
text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT<br><br>