Re: Collecting - other than plants

Used to collect Zuni fetishes, but gave most of those to my grandson. Have two of Linares's papier-mbchi fantastic Day of the Dead demons/dragons; I'd have more if I could afford them. Fossils, including one of a fern [Neuropteris scheuchzeri] and several pieces of petrified wood from Washington, DC, Arizona, Colorado, and elsewhere, but also animal remains--fish, crabs, oysters, clams, dugongs, sharks. We also have a fair number of onyx bowls, goblets, and vases from Panamint Valley in Californa, Turkey, Mexico, and elsewhere. And, of course, books. Two rooms with floor-to-ceiling bookcases crammed full and unshelved piles here and there.

On Jul 28, 2005, at 3:49 PM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center wrote:

I've collected various cat items over the years. (what a surprise!) I have
a shelf of cat related books. I had a sore spot for Harmony Kingdom Cat
Treasure Jests, Christmas tiles, and figurines. Some Hagen-Reneker cats,
too. And various other cat figurines. Most of these I've been selling off
on eBay of late. For Christmas I have a small collection of Dean
Griff/Charming Tails winter scenes figurines that show raccoons, bunnies,
mice, etc. They are a tad too cutesy for every day viewing, but fun at
Christmastime. Many of my more interesting cat pieces have come from my
sister Maureen. A cat print she brought back from Japan, cat stone carvings
from Canada and Africa. Then there are my 5 living-breathing cats. And the
garden of course has a bit of a cat theme - small cat statues here and
there. I don't think I overdo it; not everything I own has cats on it.
Everything I own may have cat FUR on it though!

So what do you collect? besides plants.

Kitty
----- Original Message -----
From: <TeichFlora@aol.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 6:46 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Farms/chat

I used to collect Dept. 56 Dickens village, then got too much. However,
just recently found some Halloween/Thanksgiving stuff from Dept. 56. I
had no
idea!!!   Geesh, that's all I need.
HA!  SO....has anyone incorportated the Xmas houses with the other
holidays??  Was thinking of doing that.  Hadn't put out the village in
years, just too
much work for one month...but if I could encorporate the other holidays
with
it....I could leave it up longer.  Hm.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 7/22/2005 11:02:21 PM Central Standard Time,