-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 1:08 PM
To: meditplants; gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] eremurus

My Foxtail Lilies (Eremurus x isabellinus 'Cleopatra', a Shelford Hybrid)
did not flower this year.  It was either because they were crowded or too
shaded, probably both.  I dug them up to put something else in, separated
them and laid them out to cure.  What now?  I thought I might try selling
them cheaply as is - I don't want to  pot them as they require a lot of
width, meaning a lot of soil - and since I can't be sure why they didn't
flower, I don't want to waste the soil or my space on them or ask much $.
(sale is end of August)  But they seem healthy and very flexible after
having just been dug.  I fear the roots will get more fragile as time passes
out of the soil.  What would you do with them?  Store in moist vermiculite?
Toss in the trash?  any ideas?

Kitty
northeast Indiana, Zone 5