Re: very OT - close call w/ a pit bull

Pam, gad what a nutcase your neighbor is. Sorry you have to deal with this! If the dog keeps getting out, is there any way of capturing it and taking it to a pound? Maybe you could put a trap on your side of the fence with a piece of meat in it......
Anyway good luck and take good care of Sugar!
--Barb, Grass Valley CA
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2006 7:34 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] very OT - close call w/ a pit bull

This idiot couldn't take care of a plastic plant let alone a living
creature. He doesn't work, except for occasionally day work, his mommy
still supports him (he's 39), he sells dope, has a 14 or 15 year old girl
shacked up w/ him, garbage piled everywhere and he could care less about
this dog. I saw him kick her out the back door a couple weeks ago. His
fence is a hodge podge and I'm sure the dog dug out or came through a gaping
hole somewhere. Useless. Kitty, good idea about the picture. Bruise
doesn't look very bad this morning though. I might call Pat to see if she
has some makeup that could make it look worse - LOL. Sugar seems OK. I'm
very wary and there is a ball bat on the front porch now just in case. If I
got my shotgun out, I'd be too tempted to shoot the owner, whose fault this
really is. I wondered what happened to all the stray cats in this
neighborhood. Now I know.

I have a good friend who has a pit bull that swears it is the sweetest
animal. And no doubt it is, as she has lavished so much love and
attention
on it since puppyhood. But it is a house dog and is not around other
animals. The instincts that are bred into these dogs can be savage and
there's no telling what her dog might do if let loose around other animals
or pressed into a stressful situation.

More often it is the idiots like Pam's neighbors who get pit bulls and
encourage the nasty traits in them; then don't have the decency to keep an
eye on them.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5