RE: very OT - close call w/ a pit bull

I had a similar problem with a Dalmatian.  But, I just made sure everything
was reported so if anything else happened to me or someone else in the
neighborhood, there would be a record.  Eventually, the owners put up a
fence and kept her in.

Since I have become a dog owner, I have been doing a lot of reading about
dog behavior.  Several of my sources indicate that dogs need to be
socialized with males, females, children, infants, and other dogs.  If they
are just socialized with one or two of the list, they may stress and snap,
etc. when confronted with the new situation.