Re: OH NO!!!!

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] OH NO!!!!
  • From: "Daryl" pulis@mindspring.com
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 14:35:03 -0400

Ouch! And I thought my knees were bad! I had cartilages removed in '67 and '68, so have been walking bone on bone almost as long as you have (had a couple of years with no major problems right after the surgery) but at least I had a fair head start. I remember how they used to make you spend time in a brace or cast practically forever back then. I had great upper body strength from all of the time on crutches, though - gave me an edge in swim meets. ;-)

The good news is that I've been able to put off knee replacement for 13 years (so far, knock wood) since I was first told I'd have to have it in 1993. Maybe you'll be that lucky, too. There's always something new coming along.

----- Original Message ----- From: "SueNY" <sue.nyc@att.net>