Re: Linden tree

Sounds just stunning!  Quick go take a picture to share.

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
When I looked out my kitchen window this morning I saw an amazing sight.
Over the roof of the garage I could see a large mass of white blossoms. What
on earth? It took me a few moments to figure out that the Linden tree that
grows on the edge of the semi-wooded slope behind the garage was the source of the blooms. I have lived in this house for 36 years and, although
I was aware of this usually undistinguished tree, I had never seen it bloom
before. I was aware of the unique structures of bracts with the bloom pedicel arising from it - I had seen the berries a few times though the birds usually clean them up pretty quickly. But I had never once seen it in bloom. And usually the berries seem pretty sparse. This time
the tree is so full of blooms that the branches are bending. This season has produced extra heavy bloom from various trees and
shrubs, which makes me feel a bit anxious. Unusually heavy bloom
sometimes signals that the plant is under stress. But to see this
tree with such a mass of blooms is most remarkable. How could I
not have seen it before? I am usually pretty much aware of anything
that grows.