Re: Rain rain, move to where you're needed

It may be that you got some infected seed, since it's the Sweet Basil that disappeared. Even the tested seed isn't 100% safe, I'm told.

----- Original Message ----- From: "MICHAEL HABIB" <godihabib@verizon.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 8:20 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Rain rain, move to where you're needed

Daryl,
Thanks for the info. I have Asian basil and sweet basil in one large pot. The Asian is growing like mad, the sweet already disappeared. I have never had this problem with sweet basil, I also was late planting this year. Usually I plant at beginning April. I might have avoided all this by planting earlier so the basil would have had a good root system before the deluge.
Godi zone 7
Mt. Vernon, VA