Heronswood letter

Anyone else get this? (note a few words are missing, they were done as graphics and I had to remove them to send to chat)

Dear Heronswood Customer:

to announce Heronswood's relocation from western Washington State to new headquarters at Fordhook Farm in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. In addition to 60 acres of space for research gardens here in southeastern PA, we have 50 acres of research and production in central PA in the eastern Appalachian Mountains, as well as another 30 acres on the southern tip of Delaware, a few miles from the Atlantic Ocean and the Maryland and Virginia borders. This excellent spread of growing and testing facilities over 3 hardiness zones (5,6 and 7) will enable us to upgrade our current offers, to breed new plants, and to select from the many that we collect around the world those best suited to your garden.

in size and diversity of locations, we shall be operating closer to our customers in the Northeastern and Mid-western US.These broad mid-Atlantic production sites are situated perfectly to serve our customers in the Southeast as well. Finally, we shall continue to serve with no change-except the display gardens and Open Days in Kingston-our many valued customers in the Pacific Northwest, as well as our friends on the west coast and in the mountain states.

herbaceous perennials more than we have done previously. Under the direction of Grace Romero, who has over 25 years experience breeding and collecting plants, the Heronswood team will vigorously develop new lines of hellebore as well as many other perennial classes. Plant exploration will be done by a constellation of collectors located in the US, Central America and the UK. Indeed, we are expanding and invigorating all phases of Heronswood's horticultural and botanical operations.

we shall both produce a new edition of the Heronswood Catalog this fall (2006), featuring over 300 fully illustrated and unique cultivars, and launch an enhanced website that will have over 500-all in excellent supply and top condition. In addition, we shall improve the shipping of our plants by increasing their size, as well as improving the containers in which we will enclose them for the upcoming 2007 season.

we shall be open to the public at Heronswood's new location at Fordhook Farm in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, on a seasonal bi-monthly basis, or about 5 Open House weekends per year, beginning fall of 2006. In due time, we shall be open by appointment as well. Already, we have tested Heronswood plants here for 5 years. Grace Romero created a large, beautiful full sun experimental perennial garden, dubbed 'The Happiness Garden'. The season for our Open House tours of the six acres of gardens will be slightly different from Washington State due to the changes in the climate. We shall offer garden tours and plant sales, as well as lectures and seminars. Check back here later this summer for upcoming dates.

for visiting our website today. We look forward to serving you.

Happy Gardening.

George Ball

P.S. on Friday and Saturday, July 14 and 15, 10:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. and 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. respectively, for our debut Hydrangea Open at Fordhook Farm. We'll have garden tours, rare plants, a special hydrangea display and sale, and free gifts and refreshments.

neIN, Zone 5