RE: Goodbye Garden

Oh, how depressing for you!  My sympathies.

Zone 7 - West TN

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of SueNY
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 2:17 PM
Cc: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Goodbye Garden

   My fiance ran into our landlord as he was leaving for work (we rent
brownstone) and he told him we have to get rid of our garden! He said
it's "in his way" and makes the place look messy, so now I have 5 tomato
plants full of tomatoes, 4 cucumber vines, and 8 pepper plants (2 bell,
2 cayenne, 2 jalepeno, 3 habenero) that I am expected to toss in the
garbage. He said I have to get rid of my two pots of flowers on the
stoop too. Now he's been here many times since we put the garden
together in May (They are all in pots and kept neat and tidy)and never
said a word. Now everything is full of fruit and he says get rid of it..
I am in tears. At least I can put my lavender and geraniums in the
windowsill. Oh, he did say we could "shove" it all in the back alley,
but the alley faces east and is full of trees..I don't think there's
enough sun there. Where they are now faces west with no trees and gets
6-9hrs of direct sun and bright indirect sun the rest of the time. Maybe
we should just elope and put all the wedding money toward a house where
we can do what we want without worrying about garden hating

Sue (6B)