Re: Goodbye Garden

Hey- I vote for eloping and getting your own place! Owning dirt has been far more rewarding than owning a big white dress that I wore once and is now in a storage box in the back of the closet. REally, I'm so sorry your landlord is just an idiot.

Theresa

SueNY wrote:
Hi...
   My fiance ran into our landlord as he was leaving for work (we rent our
brownstone) and he told him we have to get rid of our garden! He said it's
"in his way" and makes the place look messy, so now I have 5 tomato plants
full of tomatoes, 4 cucumber vines, and 8 pepper plants (2 bell, 2 cayenne,
2 jalepeno, 3 habenero) that I am expected to toss in the garbage. He said I
have to get rid of my two pots of flowers on the stoop too. Now he's been
here many times since we put the garden together in May (They are all in
pots and kept neat and tidy)and never said a word. Now everything is full of
fruit and he says get rid of it.. I am in tears. At least I can put my
lavender and geraniums in the windowsill. Oh, he did say we could "shove" it
all in the back alley, but the alley faces east and is full of trees..I
don't think there's enough sun there. Where they are now faces west with no
trees and gets 6-9hrs of direct sun and bright indirect sun the rest of the
time. Maybe we should just elope and put all the wedding money toward a
house where we can do what we want without worrying about garden hating
landlords....

Sue (6B)