From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 5:19 PM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Monsoon day

It's really been raining here today--all day. I just dumped 5+ inches from
the rain gauge. And, looking at the radar, I'd guess we're in for
10-12 hours more, so maybe another 1-2 inches. Kinda puts a damper [groan]
on picking mangos; it wouldn't be too smart standing out there and reaching
up into a tree with a long pole.

At the moment there are 14 large mangos ripening on a shelf in the garage,
and maybe another 40 waiting in the rain to be picked. There's also a quart
of peeled, seeded fruit in the fridge. Guess I need to start canning and

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10