Re: Goodbye Garden-Update!

Your plants look really healthy to me, Sue. I don't think my tomatoes and peppers get any more than 5 hours of sun everyday. They do just fine every year.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "SueNY" <sue.nyc@att.net>
To: <GARDENS@LSV.UKY.EDU>
Cc: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 5:01 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Goodbye Garden-Update!

Good news...we got him to let us keep some plants where they are, and the
rest are now in the alley. It's not your typical dirty alleyway.it's fenced
in a bit overgrown. The landlord uses it for storage mostly. My only concern
is sunlight.. It's on the east side of the house, and has a lot of trees.
From my calculations and observations today, my plants will get roughly 5hrs
direct sunlight and a mixture of shade and sun dappled light the rest of the
time. I just hope it's enough. At least I can move the pots around to follow
the sun. If I have to I can move them to other sunnier spots around the
alley as the day goes on. Will be a little work but it's worth it. to have
my garden! If need be we'll negotiate with him again. I'm perfectly willing
to weed the front for him in exchange for getting a few extra hours of sun
for my babies.
The "landscape" service is next door..they've been hacking away at some
bushes for a few hours. It looks pretty hideous. I can't be the only person
around here who knows there is a right way and a wrong way to prune things,
can I?
Here is a pic of my little urban garden. For some reason the plants look a
little yellow but they aren't.! They are nice and green and bushy. I think
it was the angle I shot the pic at and the sunlight.. You can't see much
fruit but it's there! Oh and that's my little helper. He loves gardening!
And he's a very good boy. He doesn't try and eat any of the plants or use
them as his bathroom. He loves it when I water though. Silly cat, he
actually likes to get watered along with them! LOL!

http://home.att.net/~sue.nyc/garden1.jpg

Sue (6B)