To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2006 12:12 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OUCH!

I think it's all there on the "label," which is usually a booklet. It tells you what it's approved for use on, for which pests, and often how strong to mix it and how many applications are needed for any particular pest. If it can be used on food crops, it will tell you how many days before harvest to stop using it. You're right, it won't tell you what not to use it for--"do not add to cat's bath," for example--but there may not be enough paper in the world to print all the inappropriate uses of a commercial poison.