Re: Jb magnets

Except Milk Duds taste better.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Jb magnets

My only experience with June Bugs--Connecticut, July 1952, guard duty [keeping North Koreans from invading Hartford and other New England spas], middle of the night. Something breached the perimeter, most probably an opossum; sirens went off, lights blazed on. I was standing under a porch light! War zone! June Bugs from as far away as Peoria zeroed in on the light and, like the kamikaze pilots of a previous war, dove suicidally into it... and, insect vision being what it was that night, into me as well.

Sort of like being pelted with Milk Duds.