Re: Absolutely FURIOUS!

I would be apoplectic! And I'd probably get arrested.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 6:41 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Absolutely FURIOUS!

I don't blame you from being furious. I would first talk with the lawn
service office. Since you had permission and it certainly is NOT a weed and
their employees should know that, I would ask why it was touched. Then I
would ask them to replace it, should it not survive AND let them know it is
NOT to be touched in the future. You will do your own pruning. Caging it
is a good idea for now, Sue. It may depend on the variety of rose it is as
to how it responds. Usually, you don't prune more than a third at any time
the bush is growing, but it is still early enough in the season for your to
give it LOTS of tender loving care with good watering practices and maybe
some good 10-10-10 fertilizer to give it a boost to see if you can bring it
through. The good thing is that they couldn't touch the rose's roots. I
imagine it will have to work like crazy to push out leaves for making food,
but I wouldn't give up on it yet.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)