Re: Jb magnets

Thank you, Lynda. But I find writing incredibly hard work and, since I don't have to do it for a living anymore, I've become incredibly lazy.

On Jul 10, 2006, at 5:12 PM, Lynda Young wrote:

Jim, your posts are always so entertaining. Why aren't you writing late
into the night and publishing like crazy? :)

Lynda
Zone 7 - West TN

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 2:10 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Jb magnets

My only experience with June Bugs--Connecticut, July 1952, guard duty
[keeping North Koreans from invading Hartford and other New England
spas], middle of the night. Something breached the perimeter, most
probably an opossum; sirens went off, lights blazed on. I was standing
under a porch light! War zone! June Bugs from as far away as Peoria
zeroed in on the light and, like the kamikaze pilots of a previous war,
dove suicidally into it... and, insect vision being what it was that
night, into me as well.

Sort of like being pelted with Milk Duds.