From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 2:47 PM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] It's monsoon...

season, which means that most every afternoon the fearsome clouds roll in,
rumble, and spark. A few minutes ago, I was staring mindlessly out the back
door window at Bashful. She was lounging--as much as an uptight cat is
capable of lounging--on the back patio.

Then there was a brilliant flash of iridescent blue and a capital letter
KA-BOOM! one right after the other.

Know that a cat's unimpeded entrance to the house is through a cat door
between the garage and the kitchen. And for a cat [or any other critter--a
raccoon--say] to reach the cat door, it has to enter through the garage
door, which is on the front of the house but usually open during daylight
hours, and scurry the length of the garage to the back of the house and the
cat door.

Bashful not only went 6 feet in the air at the thunder, she circumnavigated
the house and crashed through the cat door in a record setting 15 seconds.
Once inside, she settled at the food bowl as though nothing had happened.

Then another KA-BOOM and she raced to her under-the-bed sanctuary.

It's still raining quite hard; we lose the satellite connection off and on.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10