To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 8:34 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Garden Update!- more

Glad things have worked out for you garden Sue. Yesterday I finally got outside for a bit and did some pruning. It was quite interesting pruning job, since I still can't lean over. So, I sat on the front wall and just pruned what was within reach. There is still tons more that needs to be done, but will have to wait until after my f/up appintment with the ENT doc on the 20th, at which point I hope I'm cleared to do whatever I want. While pruning, I did note that the large crinum that I bought at the CalHort sale in spring has a large bloom stalk on it, with one bud nearly open and at least a half dozen more coming! They are white, but look like the edges of the petals will have a pink tinge. I'm so psyched that it bloomed so soon- and that I only paid $10 for it!

Theresa

P.S. Picked and ate my first tomato over the weekend. Yum!

SueNY wrote:
My plants seem very happy in their new spot.! No new yellow leaves
anywhere! About a week ago I clipped off all I could find and sprayed with
daconil, then a day later I gave all the plants a light feed of MG for
tomatoes and veggies, half strength. Everything is looking amazing now. My
one tomato plant that was getting purplish leaves is now nice and green. I
do have one plant that looks somewhat ridiculous-a bell pepper that lost all
but it's top leaves in one of the recent heavy storms. So it's got a crown
of nice lush green leaves, some buds and flowers, and one pepper. The rest
of the stem is bare but has tiny new shoots forming.
Poor thing! I have lots of tomatoes and jalepenos and am just starting to
get some cayennes and habeneros.
No cukes yet but they are blooming all over the place and since they are
bush pickles I won't have to wait long-seed packet said harvest 45 days.
Looking forward to making pickles! My lavender is growing and growing, so is
my chamomile. My dill doesn't seem to like the heat but it's hanging in
there. My little rose bush, which was bare canes when I planted it at the
end of May is now 3 feet tall, nice and green and has a rose on it about to
bloom. I also have 6 lovely little geranium seedlings in my window. They'll
surely brighten things up this winter. I already have 3 full grown ones in
various windows, where they bloom happily all year long. Lord, what would
life be without gardening?? LOL!

Sue(6B)