From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Christopher P. Lindsey
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:46 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Giant swallowtail butterflies

While trimming some branches to fill the yard waste bag for tomorrow's
pickup I noticed several large, black and white caterpillars lying atop a
gas plant much smaller than I remember.

I raced inside to look them up and learned that these are "giant swallowtail
butterfly" caterpillars:

   http://hort.net/+13r9

Guess I'll leave them!  I think the gas plant will survive.  :)

Chris