Re: container now oak

What's wrong with them? Is it Oak wilt? That's a bad one.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 9:09 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] container & fountain

I had such a good time doing it and was she ever surprised. I don't think
it took more than 30-45minutes not county the watering I did periodically.

Around our cul-de-sac we have four (used to be six) 400 year old white
oaks. One of my neighbors has one right next to her house and garage that
looks like it will have to come down. I will miss it so much...they are
quite a lovely signature to the immediate neighborhood. Mine, which we had
treated today, isn't nearly as old but definitely worth trying to save.
The state forestry group came a few years ago and gathered acorns from the
old timers. Hopefully, the line will be strong and saved.