Something for drought

Yesterday, between yoga and volunteer work at UT's Trial Gardens, I went
into two book stores and two garden shops. Woe to my pocketbook...can't
do that without coming out with something. (Later, went into a quilt
store and also was weak.) Anyway, I was looking for statice seed for my
sister at one place that keeps its seed all year. I ended up purchasing
Alternanthera ficoidea, Green santolina, Sedum Vera Jameson (a lovely
hybrid that I placed near Sedum Autumn Joy, and Hypericum moserianum
Tricolor. I definitely need to STOP as it will be difficult keeping all
this alive through the remainder of July, August and early September,
especially since we have been getting very little rain.

Oh, I also found Rubus calycinoides (Creeping raspberry). It is hardy
but not on an invasive list. Good for erosion...often used as a soil
binder. Even has flowers and a fruit. Thought it might be useful for
those who are fighting drought as it is tolerant.

    http://classygroundcovers.com/cat--RUBUS-calycinoides-Creeping-Raspberry--RUBUS-calcynoides

Bonnie Zone 7/7 ETN