Re: New Container Plants

Cape Fuchsias are native here- which is good because the hummers just LOVE them. It is so fun to watch them point their little beaks straight up to get the nectar out of the flowers. But, the only problem is that they spread by underground runners and in a well tended garden with nutrients that can be annoying. I yank out handfuls of this plant regularly, and actually have been trying to iradicate the white blooming one, and only leave the red (which is prettier and the hummers use more) to deal with. I hope you enjoy it Ceres.

Cersgarden@aol.com wrote:
I tired a plant for the 1st time this year, 'Phygelius 'Moonraker' (Cape Fuchsia). I have never seen it for sale in our area but found it on my CHicago trip. I have it in a container & love its performance. I'm sure this is not a new plant for you warmer climate gardeners. I will take this in for the winter.
Another plant I am trying for the 1st time & have never seen it in bloom is Tecoma stans. I have it in a container grouping also. Any clues why it has not bloomed yet?