Re: Cooling plants with mist?

I have friends who hook them up to their porches to cool off the area. They lower the temps by at least 10 degrees. She bought a kit at a discount store.
Tricia
zone 6b where it is 105 today!!!!!!!!
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2006 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Cooling plants with mist?

I've read articles that back this up. I recall seeing photos of a
wraparound porch with the misters installed in some very hot part of the
country. The cooling mist worked well they said. If it worked for people.
I'm sure your plants would appreciate it.
The amazing thing is how inexpensive these misting heads are.  They run
about $1.50 each and cover a 3'x3' area, each using only one gallon of
water per hour.

It seems like a great way to lower temperatures.  I'm going to contact
Dripworks and make sure that they work off of regular water pressure (I've
read that some systems require an additional high-pressure pump).

Anyone else have experience or hear of this?

Chris