To: <GARDENS@LSV.UKY.EDU>
Cc: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2006 4:09 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Massachusetts Gardeners?

How are your crops doing? I just got off the phone with my mom-she lives in
SE Mass, and she told me she went to the local farmers market this morning
and there were no tomatoes. A couple of the growers told her that due to the
horrendous rains they've been having, the spring tomato crops were more or
less destroyed
by rot and diseases/fungi. They are now hoping for a harvest around Labor
Day. Very sad. I told my mom to come and visit to get her tomato fix! There
is nothing she likes more than fresh tomatoes-she refuses to buy the
supermarket crap. I imagine many of the veggie crops in MA are suffering
from the severely wet weather.
We had it bad here too, but not as bad as they did.

Sue(6B)