From: Jesse Bell <silverhawk@flash.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 9:04:47 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] picture link with questions

Wow Donna...I wish I had the time to devote to my yard and gardens like
you do. It's just beautiful! How do you keep weeds and grass from
growing up through your gravel (by the house and chiminea)?

Donna <gossiper@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  I don't know what to make of ma nature- she drowned me, then turned up the furnace here.

Anyways, the morning after the storm last week, I took some pictures,
since it was cloudy. I have a hard time with the shadows in the morning
and western sun in the afternoon. Unfortunately, it was too early for
the water lilies to be open. Sample of what is going on here and as you
can see, still needs alot of TLC to get things blooming again.

I do have 2 questions as you tour the pictures.

We have to finish putting the bear in place as we added liner to the
pond incase he wants to spit the wrong way. Plans are to add more larger
boulders and put other back in place, to make him appear to be in a rock
cropping area. In 100 degree heat, that ain't happening till later. To
the right of him is now a blank area. I envision a small path to get to
the pond, but need suggestions of something else to put on the far side
of him next to the train waterfall. Maybe a weeping evergreen type
hanging over the pond? Maybe a shrub of somekind? Maybe- Don't know
looking for suggestions.

Another picture has an irish statue and a plant. As you can see the
label fell off and is now in some other county... anyone know what the
name of that plant is so I can fix it?

oh, this might help: