Re: An Inconvenient Truth

There is also a new theory based on population and agriculture studies that
indicate that there is warming each time agriculture and population
significantly grow.  If you look at the history of disease, there are many
times when population growth (and, thus, agriculture) have been
significantly reduced...1/4 of the Roman population died close to the time
of the Fall; then, there were the plagues of the Middle Ages that went on
for some time; each large war loses men and production.  These periods were
followed by cooling.  Don't know if this theory will prove to be correct.

I think I mentioned that one scientist who is studying ozone depletion
noted a significant drop in the days after 9/11 which picked right back up
once air traffic began again.  But, even knowing this won't change things
significantly.  I bought tickets today.

I love some of the "unforeseen consequences" of "happenings" and "policy",
such as the fact that the London fires helped to stem the plagues, and the
belief that cats were witches' familiars during the Middle Ages was due to
the fact that cats are very susceptible to plague...their behavior, once
infected, was very strange and unexplainable to people who didn't know
about germs; pioneers crossing America who only drank coffee usually made
it...boiling coffee helped to kill a lot of germs; and, the dense traffic
during the week around urban area leads to rainy weekends.

Seems to me that there are many "causes", including natural cycles and
human contribution, and it is very difficult and short-sighted to try to
place the blame on one or two.  I remember many of the Domesday books that
were popular during the 70s.  Many of those theories didn't immediately pan
out but we are seeing similar things today.  We bought Gore's book...I want
to see what it has to say...

The