Re: An Inconvenient Truth

There are no credible scientists who disagree; most of the toads paid by the carbon industries have been outed. The new propaganda line is that it's not as urgent as portrayed and we can fix it through "voluntary" actions--I suppose through councils of church elders, PTAs, and local tribal warlords.

On Jul 17, 2006, at 6:01 PM, Kitty wrote:

I really do want to see it but will probably wait for video release. There was a letter to the editor in today's paper about how it is a load of c**p, citing some scientist that disagrees. But you have to realize this is heavily Republican country here. Did you read Roger Ebert's review? 4 stars and he wrote that he believes everyone should see it, that it is very well laid out and solidly backed by facts and quite riveting. He said that if you choose not to see it you'd better have a good excuse to give your kids someday.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: "gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 3:39 PM
Subject: [CHAT] An Inconvenient Truth

Have you all seen Al Gore's movie, 'An Inconvenient Truth?' If you have not
seen it yet, you should. Our current unusual weather patterns are completely
explained along with what we can all do to turn the problem around. The movie
ought to be required in every high school in the nation (IMHO) because they
are the people who will be most affected in the foreseeable future.
zem

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W