From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Jesse Bell
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 3:44 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] My First Ripe Tomato!

Most birds do the "wallow" thing in dirt...it's mostly to get rid of the
mites they carry on their bodies....a bird expert told me that one day.
He said the powder dust suffocates or kills off the mites that make them
itch. My roosters, ducks and guineas all do it too. I haven't seen Peeper do
it yet.

Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com> wrote:  I'll bet you're right Bonnie! When
it's this warm, my birds get down in the flower beds and wallow out a little
oblong spot in the mulch so they can rest their bodies against the nice
damp, cooler earth underneath. So every evening I'm raking all the mulch
back into the beds. Now if I can train them to cover those bare spots when
they're done....

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX