Re: New Job

Congrats Zem! A similar job was offered here but required working 6 days a week, Tues-Sun, I think. I considered applying, but knew that it would also end with the season. Since I need year round employment I let it pass, but it did sound like something fun.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: "gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 6:35 PM
Subject: [CHAT] New Job

Well, you all, I have taken a full-time job. I will be merchandising plants
for four Home Depot stores in Memphis, which means I will become the person I
have most complained about. All the plants are tropicals and include both
house plants and big ones for outdoors in the summer. I do pretty well
without supervision, and I know where the stores are located. I think I can
do it with no problems. I was totally surprised to find it pays the same as
jobs for executive assistants, and I won't have to wear stockings or buy any
clothes. The company will supply me with shirts, and I can wear jeans and
workboots, which just suits me fine. This will beat sitting in my house
eating and thinking about all the yard work I need to do, and just maybe I'll
be able to get out of debt. :o)
zem