Re: Banana growers question

I have two banana plants (just successfully nursed one through an
almost fatal spider mite infestation), and I usually wait until an
aging leaf has mostly turned brown before cutting it off as far down
the stem as I can get without ripping still green tissue from the
stem. I have found that it is important to create as thick a stem as
possible, ever since DH took one outside just before a windstorm hit
and I had to stake a bent banana!

Cathy, west central IL, z5b