Re: An Inconvenient Truth

Some years ago I indexed two books in about a six-week period.  There
had been a definitive technical study - can't remember the title - of the
trends in temperature and atmosphere.  One book was scholarly and
published by Columbia University Press, the other was popular and
published by Harper & Roe (now Harper/Collins).  Using the same set
of statistics, the  Harper & Roe book proved that global warming was
an incontrovertible fact.  The other (Columbia) proved that we were
heading into a new ice age.  Since that time I have just thought I would
wait and see who was correct - though I won't live long enough to see
the final outcome.
Auralie

In a message dated 07/18/2006 6:03:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,