Re: tomato stealers on their way out! I hope.

Yea- I used poison. Quite frankly, how else does on kill a rat, except with a rat trap that is indescriminant (my neighbor told me today he was using these and hadn't killed any rats, but had killed 2 birds- ugh!). I would rather have another way- but don't know that there is one.

Theresa

Jesse Bell wrote:
Did you use rat bait with poison? I always try to tell people that those
set about a chain reaction that is not very pleasant. The rat eats it,
crawls off, begins to die and because of that does not hide. An owl,
hawk, dog or cat comes upon it, eats it, and they die too. I hear this
from my animal rescue people and the vets. People use the poison in
their house for mice, the cat sees the wandering, sick mouse, eats the
mouse and ends up dead or close to death because of it.

"Theresa W." <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Yesterday I also resorted to getting rat killer, as I really can't abide having a family of rats live in my back yard somewhere. But, even worse... they are eating my tomatos as they ripen!!! How infuriating and how gross! I am very wildlife and animal friendly usually, but this I just can't abide. I noticed this AM that several of the baits were gone, so I'm hoping this means a quick end to this problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

Theresa