Jewelweed

From another list--

btw, we found out that jewelweed not only stops itching...
but makes mosquitoe bites go away
I got bit last night all over my face
I squished jewelweed up and rubbed it on the bites
they aren't even visible today!!!
so it must have a cortisone in it of some sort
stops the itches of posion ivy
and stopped the SWELLING of the mosquito bites on my face

Jewelweed/monkeypod is the greatest for poison ivy - both
prevention and treatment!. When my kids were little, I always
gathered some and steeped it into a tea, strained, then froze in ice
cube trays. Kept the cubes in a plastic bag - so I could thaw a few
as needed. You can use it as a wash for areas suspected to have been
exposed, or on actively blistering outbreaks - dries it up much
faster than *anything* else I have ever used. I was horribly
allergic to poison ivy and oak, as was/is my DS. They say there is a
cure in nature within 20 feet of the offending plant. Never tried it
for skeeter bites - good idea - skeeters and deer flies LOVE me.
Interestingly, after giving birth to my DD 23 years ago, I
eventually noticed that I never had a severe outbreak of poison
again, nor did I have boughts of cold sores that had plagued me
since childhood! It's like she took it all with her LOL (and she is
bothered with neither problem).

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W