Re: weather

The Hosta will survive, but will look awful for the rest of the season.
There are a few small leaves near the ground, but the rest look, as
one visitor said, like celery sticks. I guess the roots get enough
sustenance from the large stems to survive - I have had this happen
before but not so bad.  I hope the deer stay out of your yard.  I am
getting pretty good at outsmarting them most of the time, but it
only takes one good session to undo a whole season's growth.
I have had to change my whole approach to gardening, however.
Oh well.

In a message dated 07/19/2006 1:04:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,