Re: weather + kudos

Nothing here... same old story - rain north, south, and east of us,
but not a drop here. (Not that I want the storms St. Louis and
Chicago are having, but wet would be nice.) So I'm dragging the hose
around today. Heat index may be as high as 115. They say there may be
a cool down on Saturday, but don't give us more than a 40% chance of
rain in the "forecastible" future. (Around here, 40% generally = 0)
Have to pass along my most recent experience with Arborvillage
Nursery in Missouri. I'd ordered a number of shrubs in the spring.
They arrived in good shape, but the small V. cassinoides died less
than a week after planting. I called the nursery and explained the
situation. They said they would replace it, and I added a
'Winterthur' viburnum to the order. The two plants arrived promptly,
but no invoice, so I waited for my credit card statement.
Arborvillage did not charge me - not for shipping, not for the
replacement, not for the additional plant! Now that is customer
service. (I do order from them regularly, but still...)
The second cassinoides did well, but yesterday it was decapitated by
(probably) a rabbit.... sigh....  Guess I'll do a different native
viburnum for my fall order.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b