Plumeria and stuff

Jim, (and everyone) I've been meaning to tell you that all of the Plumeria
cuttings rooted and one is blooming, thanks again!! Of course the one that is
blooming is the one I gave to my friend. LOL! Ah well, I'm glad it's doing
well and this is her first Plumeria. She's given me more plants than I can
name so it's apropos that she gets the one to bloom first.

 I've got some funky little orange colored grape size tomatoes growing that I
got in Illinois. I plan on saving some seeds for you. The flavor is fantastic.
They are growing in with the Matt's (I call it Jim's) Wild Tomato you sent me
several years ago. Love those things.

I've been trying to finally keep up with what's going on in everyone's life
via the chat list but am still far behind. Been wondering how David F is

I got the new shade spot mowed and it hasn't rained so I can still see what's
going to go where as nothing is growing right now. Even the most tenacious of
weeds are wilting. I'm wilting too, although I refuse to complain too much as
I'd rather be here than anywhere else. ;-D

I bought two hydrangeas this week. Lemon Wave and Harlequin. Both just arrived
today. Small but in great shape. I got them from Hirt's Gardens off of Ebay.
They are for the shade garden. I've got all kinds of things waiting for that
spot to get cleaned out. I got some cuttings of a beautiful peach colored
impatien from a friend. It has a very different shaped flower, almost like a
triangle. She takes cuttings every fall and has kept them going in her yard
for three years that way as no one has sold them since she bought them. Mine
are doing well so I'm excited. Several begonia cuttings are taking off,
regular old blue mophead hydrangeas (one of my favs), a Clerodendrum
ugandense, Clerodendrum bungei (keeping THAT one in a pot), Salvia 'belize'
which is supposed to do well in shade, and a rootbeer plant (Latin escapes me
at the moment) that is just too neat. I'm excited about this new garden. Right
now there is still a pile of bricks, old fence posts with the concrete still
on them, and some type of metal grill or lattice type apparatus that seems to
weigh a ton. I'm going to enlist some help in moving this stuff so I don't
kill myself.

Speaking of which, it's not THAT horrible, but I was really bummed to find out
last Friday that I have Type II diabetes. I'm starting on medicine Monday, and
my Doc has advised me to go on the South Beach Diet. It explains A LOT about
the way I've been feeling for a very long time. Looking back I suspect this
has been going on for about 5 years. I purchased the book from Amazon (South
Beach) today so I'll be following a strict new lifestyle. I'm glad I know
what's going on, as I've been having trouble with my eyes, tired, thirsty,
hungry, etc for EVER it seems. What's bizarre is my mother found out two weeks
before I did that she has it as well.

So, there's my most recent update. I hope everyone is doing well and your
gardens too!!

Andrea Hodges
Beaufort, SC
Blue Ridge Boxer Rescue