Re: weather

I created my own rain in the backyard- turned on the sprinklers when I got home from work and just went out into the yard and stood there. 106 today. (107 tomorrow and Sat). Everything is hot. My nextdoor neighbor gave me a couple of plants on Wednesday when I stayed home. His gardens all look great- don't ask me what one older Asian couple and do with all of the veggies and fruit that man manages to grow on his tiny little yard. Amazing! Well, I left his house with a zucchini, an asian squash of some kind, some kind of funky hybrid that is kind of like a tomatillo (but isn't) that tastes kind of fruity like tangy cherry/mango/tomatillo blend and is the color orange. Also, 2 pepper plants (one looks like a Thai devil, and the other he called an Australian bell (the peppers are actually the shape of bells). Also an Asian herb called "geesu"- and yes that is a phonetic spelling since neither he, nor I know how to spell it using the English alphabet. Amazingly they all transplanted OK- I guess since they already were surviving in pots in this heat.
Stay cool everyone. And for those of you who actually get any rain in summer, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

james singer wrote:
Not raining yet, but a 70 percent probability for today--and every day for a week. We seem to be averaging about 2 inches per day, which must be soaking in. At least I don't see it puddling up anywhere.