To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 10:08 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] tomato stealers on their way out! I hope.

Well, Sherman is no longer with us. He had no fear...not even of
trucks...and he got hit. I was devastated. But man....he was a mouser
for sure. He brought back all KINDS of mice and field rats...all dead.
Gotta like that in a terrier.

"Theresa W." <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
 Can I borrow your dog for a week? They need to have a rent-a-terrier
service around here!

Theresa

Jesse Bell wrote:
Yeh, we get field rats out where I live too....my Jack Russell would go after 'em and bring them back. Dead. Good boy.

Zemuly Sanders wrote: A friend, who lives in New Tazewell, TN, (between Knoxville and Kentucky)
has a problem with field rats eating his vegetables. He lives in the middle
of nowhere and has no neighbors. He told me they were the rat equivalent of
field mice. I am glad I have never met any, and I'll be content to keep it
that way. :o)
zem
zone 7
West TN
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bonnie Holmes"
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 9:31 AM

Yesterday, my Sweet Honey Biscuit (husky/lab) caught one in my garden and
it was NO country mouse but an old world RAT. Don't know where it came
from as we are not near a city or processing plant, large agricultural
establishment, etc. A terrier would also be good as they were developed
go after rodents.