From: Theresa W. [mailto: tchessie1@sbcglobal.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:50:12 -0700
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Help with plant ID

Fernsler wrote:<br>> Well, here's the plant and the trellis it rode in

for different perspective. It is odd. It sprawls for about 2 feet<br>>
on the east side of the stand thing, but it does not appear to be<br>>
going in the tree (unlike I may have led Chris to believe). I'm<br>> not
sure it's still growing.<br>><br>> Maybe we are on a toxic waste
dump!<br>><br>> On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 06:35:05PM -0400, Kitty
wrote:<br>> <br>>> That does seem odd. I got 2 C.h. from Seneca Hill.
Mine has never gone <br>>> over 3 ft and the one I got for CES is 3-4
ft. It likes to grow laterally <br>>> and tends to be sort of sprawly.
I'd guess Karen's might be neither C.h nor <br>>> C. i., but yet another
shrub-type Clematis. RHS says C.h. grows only to 5 <br>>> ft and C.i.
only to 3.3

----- <br>>> From: "Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com><br>>>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>>> Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 6:08
so being<br>>>>> familiar with that one, it was my guess. Not common to
find any shrub<br>>>>> Clematis at a newly purchased existing home, so I
bet Karen's probably in<br>>>>> for more treats as time goes by.<br>>>>>
showed her<br>>>> photos of each. The leaves definitely aren't entire
like integrifolia,<br>>>> so we're leaning towards a C. heracleifolia
odd is that her plant is 6 or 7 feet high and still

To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with the<br>>>>
message text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT<br>>>> <br>>>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com