From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Theresa W.
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 10:46 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Plumeria and stuff

Glad to hear your plumerias are doing well and that you now can improve your
health and well-being since you know what is going on with your body.  I
must say I am a bit surprised by your doc's diet
recommendation- never heard of that for diabetes before.  And congrats on
learning (even if it is the hard way) not to move ridiculously heavy things
by yourself.
I had my post-op follow-up today and I can officially lean over and pick
things up again (which is good, since as you all know, I rehab'ed a gate
last monday and did lots of leaning and lifting) : )

Theresa

Andrea Hodges wrote:
> Jim, (and everyone) I've been meaning to tell you that all of the
> Plumeria cuttings rooted and one is blooming, thanks again!! Of course
> the one that is blooming is the one I gave to my friend. LOL! Ah well,
> I'm glad it's doing well and this is her first Plumeria. She's given
> me more plants than I can name so it's apropos that she gets the one to
bloom first.

>  I've got some funky little orange colored grape size tomatoes growing
> that I got in Illinois. I plan on saving some seeds for you. The flavor is
fantastic.
> They are growing in with the Matt's (I call it Jim's) Wild Tomato you
> sent me several years ago. Love those things.
>
> I've been trying to finally keep up with what's going on in everyone's
> life via the chat list but am still far behind. Been wondering how
> David F is doing.
>
> I got the new shade spot mowed and it hasn't rained so I can still see
> what's going to go where as nothing is growing right now. Even the
> most tenacious of weeds are wilting. I'm wilting too, although I
> refuse to complain too much as I'd rather be here than anywhere else.
> ;-D
>
> I bought two hydrangeas this week. Lemon Wave and Harlequin. Both just
> arrived today. Small but in great shape. I got them from Hirt's Gardens
off of Ebay.
> They are for the shade garden. I've got all kinds of things waiting
> for that spot to get cleaned out. I got some cuttings of a beautiful
> peach colored impatien from a friend. It has a very different shaped
> flower, almost like a triangle. She takes cuttings every fall and has
> kept them going in her yard for three years that way as no one has
> sold them since she bought them. Mine are doing well so I'm excited.
> Several begonia cuttings are taking off, regular old blue mophead
> hydrangeas (one of my favs), a Clerodendrum ugandense, Clerodendrum bungei
(keeping THAT one in a pot), Salvia 'belize'