To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2006 5:25 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Help with plant ID

Ceres, I googled it and found it listed both as a cultivar of Clematis jouiniana and C. heracleifolia.
Then I checked the name w RHS and they list it as Clematis 'Mrs. Robert Brydon'. I wondered if it might be a cross of these 2 species. So I checked by running Clematis jouiniana and that is actually Clematis x jouiniana, apparently another hybrid of 2 species. ANd I noted that the RHS searches of both C. jouiniana and C. heracleifolia brought up Clematis 'Mrs. Robert Brydon'.

I wish someone would create a site for Clematis as findmy roses has for roses. They give absolutely everything, right down to the parentage.

BTW - I really WANT this Clematis!

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5