From: Andrea Hodges [mailto: andreah@hargray.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:15:42 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Plumeria and stuff

She's MUCH more strict than I'll ever be. She freaks out if "fat"
touches <br>her lips. Not quite ready to accept that her body needs some
if she wants to <br>remain healthy. She's been eating chicken and salad
<gardenqueen@gmail.com><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Thursday,
July 20, 2006 7:20 PM<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] Plumeria and
Properly cared for the <br>> Type<br>> II is managable. Bummer for
Carole too.<br>> Is she being as smart about it as you are?<br>>
wrote:<br>>><br>>> Jim, (and everyone) I've been meaning to tell you
that all of the <br>>> Plumeria<br>>> cuttings rooted and one is
blooming is the one I gave to my friend. LOL! Ah well, I'm glad it's

her first Plumeria. She's given me more plants than I <br>>> can<br>>>
name so it's apropos that she gets the one to bloom first.<br>>><br>>>
I've got some funky little orange colored grape size tomatoes growing
for you. The flavor is<br>>> fantastic.<br>>> They are growing in with
several years ago. Love those things.<br>>><br>>> I've been trying to
finally keep up with what's going on in everyone's<br>>> life<br>>> via
the chat list but am still far behind. Been wondering how David F
rained so I can still see<br>>> what's<br>>> going to go where as
nothing is growing right now. Even the most <br>>> tenacious<br>>>
of<br>>> weeds are wilting. I'm wilting too, although I refuse to
else.

;-D<br>>><br>>> I bought two hydrangeas this week. Lemon Wave and
Harlequin. Both just<br>>> arrived<br>>> today. Small but in great
shape. I got them from Hirt's Gardens off of<br>>> Ebay.<br>>> They are
for the shade garden. I've got all kinds of things waiting for<br>>>
that<br>>> spot to get cleaned out. I got some cuttings of a beautiful
peach colored<br>>> impatien from a friend. It has a very different
cuttings every fall and has kept them going in her<br>>> yard<br>>> for
three years that way as no one has sold them since she bought
them.<br>>> Mine<br>>> are doing well so I'm excited. Several begonia
cuttings are taking off,<br>>> regular old blue mophead hydrangeas (one
of my favs), a Clerodendrum<br>>> ugandense, Clerodendrum bungei
(keeping THAT one in a pot), Salvia<br>>> 'belize'<br>>> which is
supposed to do well in shade, and a rootbeer plant (Latin <br>>>
escapes<br>>> me<br>>> at the moment)

that is just too neat. I'm excited about this new garden.<br>>>
Right<br>>> now there is still a pile of bricks, old fence posts with
the concrete<br>>> still<br>>> on them, and some type of metal grill or
going to enlist some help in moving this stuff so I <br>>> don't<br>>>
kill myself.<br>>><br>>> Speaking of which, it's not THAT horrible, but
have Type II diabetes. I'm starting on medicine <br>>> Monday,<br>>>
and<br>>> my Doc has advised me to go on the South Beach Diet. It
explains A LOT<br>>> about<br>>> the way I've been feeling for a very
long time. Looking back I suspect<br>>> this<br>>> has been going on for
about 5 years. I purchased the book from Amazon<br>>> (South<br>>>
Beach) today so I'll be following a strict new lifestyle. I'm glad I
know<br>>> what's going on, as I've been having trouble with my eyes,
tired, <br>>>

thirsty,<br>>> hungry, etc for EVER it seems. What's bizarre is my
mother found out two<br>>> weeks<br>>> before I did that she has it as
well.<br>>><br>>> So, there's my most recent update. I hope everyone is
www.blueridgeboxerrescue.com<br>>><br>>>