To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2006 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] need computer help

It's a flat panel LCD.  The guys at best buy "Geek Squad" looked at it
and said it was something wrong inside (they told me what but I don't
recall).  It's out of warranty and I'm sure it will cost about the same
to mail the thing back to Dell and get them to fix it, as it will be to
buy a new one.

Theresa

Christopher P. Lindsey wrote:
Nope- it isn't near speakers, and what is a degauss button?

More expensive monitors (and some cheaper newer ones) have it -- it
removes the remnants of previous magnetic fields and realigns everything
to be normal again.

If you don't have one, a repairman would need to do it with a special
deguassing tool.  But don't sweat it -- I doubt that would solve the
overall problem.  It just might eliminate any extra 'noise' to make the
main symptoms more obvious.

Is it a regular CRT monitor, or a flat panel?  How big is it?

Chris